Call for testing
By popular demand, we can now offer the texts for download in the .epub format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB) for e-reader and phone devices that support it.
If you own such a device (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB#Hardware_reading_systems), please download and try some of the .epub files attached to each library entry. The directory listing as been removed because you should use TheAnarchistLibraryOnTorrent, not using lame crawlers (as already happened).
We would like to know:
1) If you can open the files
2) If the text is displayed correctly (including the “typographical quotes”)
3) If you have suggestions about the look & feel (now pretty essential)
4) If the images and the lists are displayed correctly
5) If, by strange alchemy, the text has been trimmed or some data lost. Please check it against a PDF. (This should not happen, but you can never be sure).
For these purposes, you should try first the following file:
mainly because it's large and with a ton of images. If you feel brave, you could check the HUGE An Anarchist FAQ (3000+ pages) and finally some random piece.
Please contact formatting (AT) theanarchistlibrary.org (replace (AT) with @) for feedback or leave a comment below (it's a wiki and anyone can edit it, no registration required). It's important to report:
- the device used
- the software used (e.g., Stanza, ADE Adobe Digital Edition, FBreader) if known
- attach a screenshot (if possible) or a photo that shows the problem
- attach a working epub (in public domain, no DRM) from other sources (e.g., project gutenberg)
If you choose to use this wiki for reporting, leave a valid mail.
We will contact you for further testing.
Every file has been already validated by http://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/
The source of the programs used is here
iphone issue: fixed
An iphone user reported that margins display weird:
It's unclear if this depends on some settings on the device or a CSS-related problem.
Archive rebuilt with a minimal CSS. -- marco 2010-09-24 09:51:00
It turned out that it was a CSS fault (plus probably a bug in stanza). There was a padding too high (25px). Now use a minimal one (3pt). -- marco 2010-09-24 14:24:22
Adobe Digital Edition software: works